Changing the Filter in a big blue cartridge
1. Close valves going to and from filter
2. Press red button on top of sediment filter to relieve pressure
3. With wrench provided, turn blue cartridge sump from right to left
4. Exchange old cartridge with new one
5. While filter is apart smear food grade silicone over black o ring on sump, if o ring isn’t visible it is probably inside black housing
6. Replace sump hand tighten only! wrench is used for loosening the housing.
7. Slowly turn supply valve on until water stops running
8. Turn second valve on and run water at kitchen sink until the air in the water clears up
Skillings & Sons, Inc sells and ships big blue filter cartridges. please e-mail us or call us at 1-800-441-6281 for more information.
Note: Filters should be changed every 30-90 days or when you see a significant drop in pressure.
We can ship filter by UPS or you can purchase them at our office located at Skillings & Sons, Inc. 9 Columbia Drive Amherst, NH.