With moderate to advanced well knowledge performs installation and service on all types of water well systems for filtration and pump.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides service on all types of water systems equipment for pump and filtration for new and existing customers.
- Installs new water systems equipment on pump and filtration for new and existing customers.
- Must acquire and maintain a list of tools necessary to perform the functions of the job. See Policy & Procedure Manual and/or Operations Manager for complete list.
- Training of other less experienced employees within the Water Systems department.
- Completes work orders, jobs, invoices, and other criteria within companies’ current software program (currently Service Titan).
- Receive and process payments at the completion of customer’s job.
- Explains system function(s) and maintenance to customer.
- Take samples and perform water quality testing.
- Adjust equipment settings based on water quality.
- Have some knowledge on state and/or town quality regulations.
- Provides on-site estimates to customers per Operation Managers.
- Ability to safely drive the companies’ service box trucks.
- Ability to run heavy equipment (backhoe, excavator, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor’s and/or Upper Management.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
- Manual Dexterity - Able to work well with one’s hands.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
- Proficient Plumbing Techniques - Ability to perform soldering and work with PVC.
- Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Water Quality - Moderate to strong understanding of water quality and chemistry.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: Must be proficient as a Water Systems Technician Assistant Job Description.
Other Requirements, Certificates & Licenses:
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Obtain and maintain a DOT medical card (Federal Motor Carrier requirements-paid by the Employer).
- Maintain a good driving record, needs to be covered by companies’ general liability insurance.
- MA Hoisting license with 1B & 2A endorsements.
- OSHA 10hour minimum; 30hour preferred.
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills for iPad, mobile app for shift timesheet entries, and the ability to adapt to various computer programs/software within a timely manner.
Key: N (Not Applicable) O (Occasionally) F (Frequently) C (Constantly)
Other Physical Requirements: Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Ear Plugs, Steel Toe Safety Shoes)
Consists of both indoor and outside but must be able to work outside year-round.