Assists Well Driller to tap sub-surface water for water wells, environmental assessment purposes as well as Geothermal well drilling.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assemble and position machines, casing pipes, and other equipment, using hand tools.
- Drive or guide truck-mounted equipment into position, level and stabilize rigs, and extend derricks.
- Operate controls to stabilize machines and to position and align drills.
- Loads drill rods onto drill carousel for Driller’s to access during the drilling process.
- Digs mud pits for excreted drillings during the drilling process.
- Select and attach drill bits and drill rods, adding more rods as hole depths increase, and changing drill bits as needed.
- Record depths on work orders per Driller’s instructions.
- Record GPM (gallons per minute) on work orders per Driller’s instructions.
- Drive trucks or truck-mounted drills to and from work sites.
- Retrieve lost equipment from bore holes, using retrieval tools and equipment.
- Disinfect new and old wells in preparation for use.
- Fabricate well casings.
- Required to use current online software program (currently Service Titan).
- Required to keep proper paperwork (vehicle mileage, daily report, well log).
- Responsible for keeping vehicles in a clean and orderly condition at all times.
- Responsible for keeping equipment stocked with drill rods and casing.
- Perform routine maintenance and upgrade work on vehicles, equipment and machines. Work is to be performed with Driller according to service requirements.
- Other maintenance to include sharpening drill bits.
- Other duties as assigned by Driller, Supervisor and/or Upper Management.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: None needed
Other Requirements, Certificates & Licenses:
- Maintain a valid CDL-B Driver’s License with Airbrake endorsements.
- Obtain and maintain a DOT Medical card (Federal Motor Carrier requirements-paid by the Employer).
- Maintain a good driving record, needs to be covered by Companies’ general liability insurance.
- MA Hoisting License with 1B, 2A, and 4B endorsements.
- OSHA 10hour minimum, 30hour preferred.
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills for iPad, mobile app for shift timesheet entries, and the ability to adapt to various computer programs/software within a timely manner.
Key: N (Not Applicable) O (Occasionally) F (Frequently) C (Constantly)
Other Physical Requirements: Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Ear Plugs/muffs, Steel Toe Safety Shoes)
Must be able to work outside year-round.